A Beautiful Life





My World
When I was with my father, when I was just a child,
 the world was filled with wonder and every place was wild. 
 And every day was magic, 
and Santa Claus was true 
and all the things that mattered were things my father knew.
Marsha Jeffrey Hendrickson



























































O' grandpa getting his shave!

This is why we never give up.
Though our bodies are failing, our spirits are being renewed every day.
2 Corinthians 4:16



1-24-2010 at 6:03 pm
1-25-2010 at 9:04 pm









John Bynum Mullis, 91, of Charlotte passed away on Thursday at home surrounded by his family. Visitation for family and friends will be held on Friday, February 12, 2010 from 6:00 until 8:00 PM at Heritage Funeral Home, 3700 Forest Lawn Drive, Matthews, NC 28104. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 1:00 PM, Saturday, February 13, 2010 at Belmont Abbey College with Abbot Oscar Burnett, O.S.B. celebrant and Abbot Placid Solari, O.S.B. concelebrant. Interment will follow the service at Sharon Memorial Park. Mr. Mullis was born on March 28, 1918 in Alexander, NC, son of the late Augustus and Ova Deal Mullis. In addition to his parents, daughter, Theresa E. Mullis and son, Joseph C. Mullis also preceded him in passing. John graduated High School in Taylorsville, NC and went on to serve his country in the US Army as a Master Sergeant during WWII where he was in charge of intercepting and coping Japanese Code. He later continued his dedicated service by joining the National Guard as a Lieutenant. Following his military career, John returned to a job with Bell South Telephone Company. He was a dedicated and faithful employee until he retired as a supervisor in 1976. John enjoyed many hobbies including a little golf and amateur radio. He was a loving husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend and will be deeply missed by all who knew him. Survivors include his beloved wife, Theresa Madeline Mullis, children, John T. Mullis and wife Sarah, Catherine F. Mullis of the home, Anne Marie Price and husband Robert, Patricia Madeline O’Neill and husband Brian; daughter-in-law, Addy Jean Mullis; Mr. Mullis is also survived by his sister Mabel Smith and grandchildren, Christy Price, Caren Saunders, Janet Price, Robert W. Price, Kathleen Pellisero, Andrew Mullis, Colin Mullis, Erin Mullis, Constance Mullis, Connor O’Neill, Caroline O’Neill and Madeline O’Neill; great-grandchildren, Hayden L. Saunders and Marshall W. Mullis; In lieu of flowers memorials should be made to Holy Angels, P.O. Box 710, Belmont, NC, 28012. Belmont Abbey College or The Theresa Eileen Mullis Nursing Scholarship at CPCC in Charlotte, Arrangements are in the care of Heritage Funeral Home, Weddington Chapel. An online guestbook is available at www.heritagefuneral.net



"I Still Can't Say Goodbye"

When I was young
My dad would say
"C'mon son, let's go out an' play"
Seems like only yesterday

When I was all by myself
I'd climb up the closet shelf
Find his hat an' fix the brim
Pretending I was him

No matter how hard I try
No matter how many tears I cry
No matter how many years go by
I still can't say goodbye

He took good care
Of Mom an' me
We all cut down the Christmas tree
He always had some time for me

Wind blows through the trees
Street-lights, they still shine bright
Most things are the same
But I miss my dad tonight

I walk by the Salvation Army store
Saw a hat like my daddy wore
Tried it on an' fixed the brim
Still tryin' to be like him

No matter how hard I try
No matter how many tears I cry
No matter how many years go by
I still can't say goodbye, Pa